Monday, January 30, 2006

TPJ’s Favorite Flicks Of 2005

The year 2005 was a fantastic year for film critics like me. There were a lot of terrific movies in theatres. Last year, I was able to develop a list of the five flicks that stood out above the rest. This year, though, I have opted to extend that list to ten. I thought that this would be a simple task but I soon discovered that there were more than just ten great movies in 2005.

Keeping with the rules, though, I have limited my list to ten, moving wonderful films like “Crash,” “Serenity,” and “Zathura” over to the side to make room for the ten motion pictures that blew me away. These are The Popcorn Journal’s Favorite Flicks Of 2005.

Listen To Podcast
(Instructions)
Read Written Review

5 comments:

Kody said...

o boy, i can't believe i waited all year for that! chumbscrubber number one? devils rejects? bumped out crash? I'm dumbfounded... but maybe most shocking of all.... Green Street Hooligans? Mediocre at best? "Only two things i hate in this world... police and journalists..." ??? Where have I heard that line before... oh ya, austin powers, except the reference to nuclear war and carnies was less preposterous! Hahaahahaha

Joseph J. Airdo said...

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. However, I stand by my choices with full confidence. Perhaps you need to watch The Chumscrubber and The Devil's Rejects before jumping to conclusions... ;-)

Kody said...

sometimes i feel that joey must not have this bad of taste and actually reports just the opposite of how things are, just to piss people off... :)

Joseph J. Airdo said...

Think again, punisher.

Kody said...

Joey, I really think you are one of my favorite people ever... seriously, you are a great person. Not the greatest movie taste, but somehow I've learned to deal with that. :) I miss you bud.