Sunday, March 27, 2005

Review: "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous"

I also had the chance to see the sequel "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous" [(PG-13), 115 Minutes] this weekend. The comedy stars Sandra Bullock back in her role of FBI agent Gracie Hart. This time, she is a media celebrity following the events in the first film. However, there is no slowing her down when Miss United States and pagaent emcee Stan are kidnapped. Gracie and her two new partners, played by Regina King and Diedrich Bader, head out to Las Vegas to rescue the duo but get into more trouble than they're worth. I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining this movie was. I liked the first one but never thought it was anything more than a great flick. It is not that funny, but it is fun and cute. The story is enough to keep you going and the different gags, while rarely comical, are amusing. I can honestly say I liked this one as much as the first.

No comments: